Updated: Feb 3
Booking will be flexible should you become symptomatic prior to arrival (must submit a dated Covid-19 positive test) for full refund. If you have already arrived we will accommodate you until there is space available at a designated accommodation.
Summary of Statutory Instrument No. 175 of 2020 Effective Sunday, December 20, 2020 Belmopan. December 22, 2020.
1. Nationwide CURFEW
● For all adults, a nationwide curfew is being imposed and in effect EVERYDAY from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
● For all minors, 16 years and under, a nationwide curfew is being imposed and in effect EVERYDAY from 6:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
● No person shall be on the streets or in any public place nor on any public road during curfew. ● A fine of $500 will be charged for breach of curfew.
2. Mandatory use of Face Masks
● Every person MUST at all times in any public or private place wear a face mask or other face (nose and mouth) covering.
● Every business owner or manager MUST not allow entry to any person not wearing a face mask or face covering. o Business owners can determine the types of face masks or face coverings permissible for entry into their business, office or establishment.
● There is NO requirement for the use of face mask or covering if you are; in your private residency o exercising o swimming Page 2 of 9 o or driving ALONE or driving with members of your same household, in an enclosed vehicle but not golf cart, motorbike, or similar vehicle.
● A fine of $500 will be charged for failing to wear mask or face covering.
3. SOCIAL DISTANCING Protocols
● Every person MUST maintain a distance of at least six feet from another person in a public place or business place.
● Every person MUST wear a face mask or mouth covering in a public place, public space or public office or building.
● A fine of $500 will be charged for failure to social distance.
4. Sports and Exercising
● EXERCISE IS ALLOWED o ONLY exercising by jogging, running, walking, or cycling is allowed. o Social distancing of a minimum of six feet distance must be maintained. o In the case of cycling, no person can ride two abreast. o There is NO requirement for the use of a face mask or face covering while exercising.
● Sports o ONLY tennis, golf, table tennis, volleyball and other noncontact sport are allowed. o WHILE participating in an approved sporting activity, persons are exempt from practicing social distancing and from wearing a face mask or face covering.
● A fine of $500 will be charged for breaching the permitted noncontact sporting and exercising regulations.
5. SOCIAL GATHERING Protocols
● There shall be NO gatherings for social purposes whether in any private or public place of more than 10 persons who are not of the same household.
● The restrictions of 10 persons shall not apply to any members or persons involved in the functioning of any sitting of the National Assembly.
● A person may not host nor attend o A private party which includes persons living outside your house Page 3 of 9 o A recreational or sporting event o A wedding which has more than 10 persons (excluding the bride, groom, official witnesses, and the marriage officer) o A banquet or reception o Any social event o A funeral which has more than 10 persons (excluding the officiant and mortuary staff o A meeting of fraternal society, private or social club, or organization o A church service or places of public worship of more than 10 persons (not including the officiating person and a maximum of two auxiliary personnel, if any)
● A fine of $1000 will be charged for breaching the restrictions on social activities and gatherings.